Moving to Barrie
Barrie Apartments and housing rentals
For information on your rights as a tenant go to the Ontario Tenants Most Asked Questions and Answers page.
This is also a helpful list for those who are moving to Barrie Canada, not just those looking for Barrie apartments.
City of Barrie, 705-726-4242
How to contact your City of Barrie Mayor and City Councillors
City of Barrie Bylaws
County of Simcoe
Barrie apartment heat bylaw. If your heat is not maintained at least at
20 degrees Celsius as per this bylaw, first complain to your landlord, then you can call the City of Barrie, either your City Councillor
or a bylaw inspector, regarding apartment heat by calling 705-726-4242.
Garbage collection & recycling.
Click on Household hazardous waste for more information on
proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents, pesticides, etc..
- Service Government Information Centre, 34 Simcoe St., #102, Barrie, General Inquiry: 1-800-267-8097, General Inquiry: 1-800-267-8097, Driver & Vehicle Inquiry: 1-800-387-3445
- Landlord and Tenant Board, 1-888-332-3234, Service Ontario office for filing documents, 34 Simcoe Street, #102, Barrie.
- Service Canada Centre, (bilingual), 48 Owen Street , Floor 1, Barrie, L4M 3H1, Toll-free: 1-800-622-6232
- Information Barrie
- Barrie Career Centre, Bayfield Mall, 320 Bayfield Street, 705-725-8990 Ext. 45200
- Be WebAware, for Parents to keep your children safe when on the Internet
- Barrie Native Friendship Centre, 175 Bayfield St., Barrie, ON L4M 3B4, 705-721-7689
- BOOST Child Abuse Prevention and Intervention, 80 Bradford St, Suite 551, ON L4N 6S7, 705-792-6600
- Catholic Family Services of Simcoe County, 20 Anne St S., Barrie, ON L4N 2C6, 705-726-2503 or Toll-Free: 1-888-726-2503
- Catulpa Community Support Services, (for developmentally disabled individuals and their families,) The Common Roof, 165 Ferris Lane, Barrie, L4M 2Y1, 705-733-3227 or Toll-Free: 1-877-803-3227
- Independent Living Services of Simcoe County and Area, (Service for Seniors at high risk of losing their independence in the community,) 44 Cedar Pointe Dr, Unit 1102, Barrie, ON L4N 5R7, 705-737-3263 or Toll-Free: 1-800-465-1133
- Kinark Child and Family Services, 34 Simcoe St, Suite 301, Barrie, ON L4N 6T4, Central intake: 1-888-454-6275, Administration: 705-726-8861, or Toll-Free: 1-800-230-8534
- Ontario Early Years Centre Barrie-Simcoe-Bradford, Victoria Village, 72 Ross St, Unit 11, 705-792-7878
- Simoce Community Services, various locations, 705-726-9082
- United Way of Greater Simcoe County
- VON Canada (Victorian Order of Nurses), (Supports for older adults and individuals with disabilities,) Office Phone: 705-737-5044
- YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka, 22 Grove Street West, Barrie, ON L4N 1M7, 705-726-6421
Barrie Food Bank, 7A George St, (705) 725-1818
Barrie Housing Support Services, Simcoe Community Servcies, 129 Ferris Lane, Housing Caseworker: 705-739-0485 ext 223 or ext. 238.
Barrie Out of the Cold (705) 331-1396
David Busby Centre, 88 Mulcaster St, Lower Level,
Salvation Army - Barrie Bayside Mission Centre, (Men's shelter,) 16 Bayfield St, Office: 705-728-3737, After Hours: 705-737-2963
Women and Children's Shelter of Barrie, 705-728-2544
Youth Haven Barrie, 144 Toronto Street, (705) 739-7616 or 705-739-9930 (accepts collect calls) or Toll-free: 1-877-989-9995
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000 for health advice over the phone
Walk in and Community Health Clinics
We recommend you telephone a clinic in advance to ensure the clinic will be open and a doctor will be available when you plan to arrive.
(Sorry, I can't list the hours and days of service as they can change and it is too much work on a volunteer basis to keep track and update such detailed information.)
Barrie Community Health Centre, 56 Bayfield St, (705) 734-9690
Barrie Family Medicine, 18 Cundles Rd E, (705) 737-1887
Doctor's Family Medical and Walk-In Clinic, 353 Duckworth St, (705) 739-8812
Royal Victoria Hospital, 201 Georgian Dr, (705) 728-9802
Doctor Search, a service provided by the
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario